Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration of admin-addressbook-calendar-

From: Alex (LEX) Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] integration of admin-addressbook-calendar-HR
Date: 16 Jun 2003 12:41:31 -0500

I think this is good too, i also dont see the posibility to have a
many-one relationship on that one. The point is, the account's backend
is something you may not want to go and change that lightly since it can
be LDAP, IMAP-SQL, SQL ... i dont know, it sounds like your position is
the straightforwardest, but not necesarily the simplest to implement.

DISCUSS EVERYONE!

In any case, i think this is a critical feature, i think it can open so
many posibilities for all apps, at last, a central repository for user
data -all of the users data!, GROUPWARE user data, such as department,
phones...etc.- AND it will simplify the entry of phpgw to other's suites
markets that use this feature as their gratest leverage. I mean, the #1
bitching i get is that when MSCE Admin #1 added a user to their
exchange, that data was organizational and automatically deployed to all
apps (that is, outlook, samba access, proxy, accesible in word....etc.).

The simplest thing, like having the addition of users tied into putting
in all their organizational data (also deleting when the user is
deleted...etc.), will shut them up.

Other things to think about, INSIDE phpgw is that, finaly, at the
calendar we could invite ppl from the inside of the organization (phpgw
users) and from the outside of the organization (any addressbook entry)
all this GREATLY simplified by having a way to differentiate both kind
of addressbook entries (system, non-system) in the api.

Another goal that jarg is trying to achieve is the org-person separation
as is in the DCL schema and as proposed in bjonsohn's entry in the
wikii. Im not shure weve compared them but id be delighted if bjonsohn
took a look into the DCL schema and tell us if it works for him.We all
should!

So, we are killing all birds from one shot, we just need a little bit
more involvement. Jarg is here to implement this features, he has the
time and good experience in professional development, u guys please help
him out.