Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] StyleGuide

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] StyleGuide
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:52:37 +1000

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:

> >Breaking browser UI in favor of web application UI isn't necessary,
> >and certainly isn't desirable (because users will use available
> queues>and UI items, and that back button will always be there,
> and will
> >always mean "go back to the previous screen", whereas the
> phpgroupware>UI will only exist (to the user) inside of phpgw apps).
>
> but "the previous screen" is ONLY going to be the previous screen
> as it was viewed
> by the user and served from the users cache.  If the real dataset
> changes, and
> depending on the application it probably will, the user will not
> get the expected
> results.
>
> in a web application back buttons are BAD...period.  Users need to
> be trained for
> this, mine are.

This is true, but we have a lot of idoit proofing in phpgw.  If we are
to assume that that all of our users are properly trained, then we would
not need any server side validation of data.

Anyways, I think I have a solution for this problem.  Check out:
http://phpgroupware.org/wiki/RepostPrevention

Cheers

Dave