[Phpgroupware-developers] Submitting Patches

From: Daryl L. L. Houston
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Submitting Patches
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:35:28 -0400

I've got a number of modifications I'd like to submit for review.  I've worked
on these off and no over the past two weeks after downloading the 9.16 branch
from CVS.  Work on that branch has continued as I've been making my changes.
Is it still the correct protocol to submit suggested changes by using the
method outlined at http://docs.phpgroupware.org/patches.php?  In the example
given there, the patch would contain diffs of the whole GW directory
structure; this seems inconsistent with the request that patches be submitted
individually.  Which is it?  Also, I've made a number of separate
modifications that overlap files.  That is, the addition of separate sets of
functionality has affected the same file; thus submitting a single patch
isn't really workable.  How should I proceed?  Among the additions I've made
are the following:

- Calendar events can be accepted or rejected by clicking a link in the email.
User prefs determine whether or not HTML mail is received, and message
headers are modified appropriately.

- Projects: Users can choose to be notified by email when they're assigned new
projects or jobs.

- Projects: Force project ID to be upper-case.  I've made this internal
request a preference so that if it seemed useful to the GW team, it could be
folded in without being forced on all GW users.

- Projects: Size of description field for projects can now be set by user (or
admin as forced pref). This is in response to reluctance on the part of my
users to enter text in the small default boxes.  I made it a preference so
that it could be folded easily into GW src if so desired.

- User Lists: There are now global prefs that allow users to select by what
field and in what order they'd like user lists to be sorted. I've also
modified the user lists in projects and calendar to use this functionality if
the prefs are set.

Thanks,