Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] First draft of install howto

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] First draft of install howto
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 07:08:40 +0000

>* the check ip issue - it is not just AOL that uses transparent proxies,
>many .au isps use them

my ISP uses a transparent proxy too, that's not directlty the issue.  The
problem is
the way AOL is setup a user can, and usualy does, get a different IP address
with
every request.  As far as I know AOL and it's little clones are the only ones
that
do this.

>* Have a know issues section - so everyone knows why certain things
>won't work - ie php4.2.3 for setup

good idea, but I did the howto by doing a clean install using php 4.2.3 with no
issues.

>* Add a link to it on phpgw-info bot under install :)

need to polish it up a bit before I release it to the masses.  Hopefully it can
be
uploaded to phpgw web site too.