Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] First draft of install howto

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] First draft of install howto
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:40:34 +1100

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is a first draft, I've spell checked it and proof it only
> once.  There is only
> formating where it's needed for content.  I think maybe I need to
> break out some
> the content into more sections, but i'm not sure.
>
> http://free-source.com/files/phpgw-howto.html
>
> comments, sugestions, additions....

Great work Chris, now i know that i have done some really dumb things :(

I have a few comments/suggestions:

* the check ip issue - it is not just AOL that uses transparent proxies,
many .au isps use them

* Have a know issues section - so everyone knows why certain things
won't work - ie php4.2.3 for setup

* Add a link to it on phpgw-info bot under install :)

Now i need to do some work on my install

Cheers

Dave