Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Errors, new installation

From: Heiko Verhelst
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Errors, new installation
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 23:14:53 +0100

Hello

The error message is one of the template class. Best guess is that the problem is in the setblock function. When you use this function but the template does not contain the block you will get this error. Because you do not get the error in every application the problem will not be in the general template (verdilak, idsociety, ...). My guess is that the problem is in the nextmatchs class. Most application use it, but not all. And this class does use the setblock function with 'link' as an argument.

To get a better view on the problem, more information is needed. In the file class.Template.inc.php in the directory phpgwapi/inc you could add the following line:
        vardump ($this->file);
before the line:
        $this->halt("loadfile: $handle is not a valid handle.");
This line is near the end of the file.
Changing
        var $debug = False;
        var $debug = True;
might also give more information. This line is near the beginning of the file.

Hope this helps a little.

Heiko

At 20:13 4-12-02 -0500, you wrote:
On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 15:31, Chris Weiss wrote:

address@hidden wrote*:

>I just installed PHPGroupWare.  WHen I try to run any of the applications
>except Calendar I get an error that says "loadfile: link is not a valid handle."
>Can any one tell me what this might mean?
can you paste the whole error?  line numbers and file names are very important.
What your seeing is a generic error from the template class and I'm hoping that
there is more info.
I have version 0.9.14.0001

The whole message is
Template Error: Loadfile: link is not a valid handle.
Halted.

>I didn't know how to set some of the parameters in the configuration, and the
>manual was pretty sketchy in regrads to that, so I may not have things
>configured properly.  If someone has more detailed configuration instructions,
>that would be much appreciated.
what part didn't you know?  Most things the default values will work, and those
that are required to be changed do have a small explination there.
HTTP proxy servers - I don't use a proxy server, so should it be blank?
Peer servers - don't even know what that is

Anything having to do with LDAP - totally in the dark there

How do I find out the version of mcrypt I am using?

on the Administration page the only things that are working are Site Configuration, Change Main Screen Message and php information.

I am using Apache 1.3.27 running on mandrake 2.4.18