[Phpgroupware-developers] Updating to new version...

From: Jose Cabrera
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Updating to new version...
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:56:24 -0600

Hey,

Today I 'attempted' to make the upgrade to the latest phpGroupWare.

It was the usual disaster.

The download instructions at the phpGroupWare web site say to:
  1. cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/phpgroupware co -r Version-0_9_14-branch phpgroupware
This is version 0.9.14.000 , which is the old version.

Then, I got the version out of HEAD, and it didn't even come close to running.

Anyway, I am just going to download the tar of the new one and set it up that way.

May be it is just me, but although I use CVS locally, remotely updating seems fairly complex.

Perhaps someone can update the cvs instructions at the main site.

-Jose