pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] segmentation fault trying to use Pan 0.146:will abandon

From: Per Hedeland
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] segmentation fault trying to use Pan 0.146:will abandon using pan
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 11:52:44 +0100

On 2019-12-02 11:18, Steve Davies wrote:
In case it helps, the Win64 build requires the following patch:

Interesting... - this is the exact same patch that Rhialto suggested
at: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pan/merge_requests/1

Basically, the 4 lines above contain a "non-space" "space" character, or it
might be the ':' character - I don't remember, which the patch replaces with a normal character.

It's the ':' character, where someone somehow thought that the
Unicode/UTF-8 variant was "better" than the plain ascii one.

I had presumed that this was a Win64-only patch and was in no hurry to submit a
patch which might break normal Pan operation.

It is not Win64-only, since *some* Unix/Linux users are affected,
apparently depending on their locale settings (I haven't been able to
reproduce it myself yet). Are you sure that it is unconditionally
needed on Win64, or could there be some locale dependency there too?

Anyway, it most certainly won't break anything - the colons *used* to
be plain ascii. Maybe you could add a "vote" for the above merge
request...?

--Per