pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan rules/filters

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan rules/filters
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 14:26:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 14:18:12 +0000, mick wrote:

> I have been using -9999 to Ignore the article, I then never see it.
> In the scoring rule dialog box I see Increase, Decrease, Set, Watch and
> Ignore.
> Is Ignore doing the same as Delete?
>
> The message count is the same here when using Ignore.  That also happens
> on my other newsreader on my windows pc (MesNews), so I guess the reader
> is totalling the number of available headers even though they are not
> being (downloaded?) displayed.

Setting "Ignore" is the same as setting the score to -9999 which by default
are not displayed in the header pane.  Click View--> Header Pane and look
at the bottom section of that menu.

What Duncan said was to add to that function by using the
Edit -->  Preferences --> Action where you can choose to
enable various actions based on an articles score.

Simply scoring an article without setting an action will leave the
message count alone since nothing has happened to change it.

--
Climate Change may be raising the sea levels, but the gene pool
seems to be drying up.