pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan rules/filters

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan rules/filters
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 13:35:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 05:32:49 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> As for step two, getting pan to actually take /action/ based on the
> scores, that's what pan's preferences dialog, actions tab, is all about.
> Obviously, you're after the "delete articles scoring at" option on that
> tab, but unless the score lines you'll be using have been tested for
> awhile and you are comfortable with the number of false-positives you get,
> if any, I'd recommend doing a limited run without deleting first, just to
> be sure the scores are actually working the way you expect them to.

Gawd, I completelty forgot about that entire section!  Thanks Duncan, that
has sorted the problem.  I set to delete on -9999 since I can be 100%
sure that the filter is correct based on long experience with the group in
question and the subject lines used by the spammer.

The only thing left is the message count doesn't update until I leave the
group and re-enter it.  That's likely a bug, or just a feature not yet
implemented :-)

--
Climate Change may be raising the sea levels, but the gene pool
seems to be drying up.