pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problem syncing two copies of Pan

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Problem syncing two copies of Pan
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 18:44:35 -0700

On 07/07/2010 04:00 PM, Duncan wrote:
First, please don't hijack threads.

That wasn't my intent, and I'm sorry it happened.

Note that the servers.xml file includes the full absolute path to the
newsrc file.  What probably happened is that your username is different on
each machine, so while the files got rsynced, the path was different and
pan couldn't read the new location, as the absolute path pointed to a
user's homedir that doesn't exist on both machines.  Sorry I forgot to
mention this earlier, as it did come up before, when another user had the
same issue.

As a matter of fact, no. I have the same username on both machines, and use the same Usenet account. And, to be specific, I'm the person who asked in the first place.