pan-users

[Pan-users] Semi-OT: newspost problems

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: [Pan-users] Semi-OT: newspost problems
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:06:55 -0500

Fellow Pan Users,

This isn't Pan related, but I figured there might be a lot of Pan users who
also use newspost.  I've been using it for quite a while and until a couple
of days ago it worked well.  My news provider at the moment is GigaNews.  I
used to get occasional unexpected server response errors from newspost.  A
couple of days ago I started getting piles of them.  But, I can read/fetch
posts, and post text post, via Pan with no problems.  I just can't post with
newspost without piles of errors and umpteen retries to get one post
through.  I'm not sure if it's due to an actual problem or if perhaps
GigaNews updated something on their servers that's confusing newspost.
Since newspost's last release was in 2003 I suspect that might be a
possibility.  Some unexpected responses newspost is displaying are
jibberish, others are 240 post accepted.  Here's the tail end of one of my
recent posting attempts:

Posting part 15: done.

WARNING: unexpected server response: 240 post accepted.
Retrying
WARNING: unexpected server response: Retrying
Posting part 24: done.                    @address@hidden ���Retrying
Posting part 43: done.

WARNING: unexpected server response: 240 post accepted.
Posting part 44: done.
Posted 1 file (1.7 MB encoded) in 2 minutes 25 seconds.     17 KB/second

Is anyone experiencing similar problems?

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system?  One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.