pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?

From: Graham Todd
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:31:56 +0100

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 01:28:19 +0000 (UTC)
Jim Henderson <address@hidden> uttered these words:

> > At the risk of introducing something completely outside the spirit
> > of this update...
> >
> > ... does 'posting attachments' refer to the ability to post
> > binaries?
> >
> > If it does, then it would be wonderful if that was ... maybe not
> > fixed, so much as... included?
>
> Yes - I seem to recall that this was on the roadmap; that's why I
> mentioned it. :-)
>
> Jim

I've been using newspost to do just this, as advised by the Pan
developers.  Newspost is now fully GPL'd, so I could not see why Pan
could not have simply a button to call Newspost (even though it's a
command line application).

I have suggested this many times and was told that the plan was
included in future direction of the Pan code, which we are being told
again, so again I presume my suggestion to call a binary poster by
simply calling newspost from a button on the GUI is being
rejected....again.

I have just given up asking and just use newspost as a separate
application. Is this what the Pan developers want the rest of us to do,
and not have a newsreader with binary posting facilities?  On
newspost's web site, there are screenshots when its used with Pan, so
is having a button for newspost too unsatisfactory an answer?:

http://newspost.unixcab.org/
--
Graham Todd
[Please excuse any omissions or inclusions which this disabled writer

Please, no MS-Office documents -
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/advocacy/no-ms-office.php

Use free software - free as in unfettered, with liberty to share and
use as you wish, as defined in: