pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:54:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:47:16 -0500, Charles Kerr wrote:

> Other than the GMime update to fix multipart messages -- which is
> already in K Haley's repo -- are there any honest-to-God showstoppers
> left?...

Given what I've read about the alpha quality of the kde4 'releases' I
don't know if this even deserves a mention. (But you can tell I'm going
to mention it anyway ;o)

I think there is a very long-standing bug in the way that pan marks
articles as read/unread, but I don't know how to reproduce it.

I've seen it only in multipart-binary groups with tons of headers, not
in groups like this one.

My gut feeling is that it has something to do with syncing articles
between multiple servers, maybe(?) something to do with old articles
expiring on different servers on different days?  It must be something
fairly quirky because it doesn't happen every time.  I wish I could give
you a test case, but I can't.

Thanks for asking, though :o)