pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Not following Gnome standard?

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Not following Gnome standard?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:54:04 +0000 (UTC)

Em Wed, 01 Nov 2006 14:43:20 +0000, Yavor Doganov escreveu:

> В Wed, 01 Nov 2006 14:08:10 +0000, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA
> написа:
>
>> Em Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:21:55 +0000, Yavor Doganov escreveu:
>>
>>> Pan takes the settings from GNOME Control Center only for the MUA and
>>> browser.  You have to set this one from the posting window's Edit menu.
>>
>>      Ouch!  Should this be a ‘wishlist’ bug?
>
> I don't know.  For a pure GNOME program this is preferable, but there are
> many users on KDE, Xfce and others (like me, GNUstep).

        OK, but once I configure it to use Gnome setting, shouldn’t it consider
file aßociations as well?  At least, warn that the Gnome setting won’t choose
your preferred text editor.

> This is entirely an Emacs problem.  Customize the variable
> `current-language-environment' or do `M-x set-language-environment'.

        Yes, it now works, thank you.  Somehow it is not reliable, and sometimes
I loose everything when returning from GNU Emacs 22 to Pan with C-x #.

>>      Ah, and a new one I just noticed: it doesn’t accept my email
>> address as valid.
>
> Your email address has nothing to do with the external editor.  I think we
> are misunderstanding each other.

        Yes, what I mean is that Pan complains about my email address when I ask
it to post a meßage or follow-up.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA     +55 (11) 9406 7191 (cel)
Administrador de (Bases de) Dados         +55 (11) 2122 0302 (com)