pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Building pan-0.14.2.91 on RedHat 7.3

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Building pan-0.14.2.91 on RedHat 7.3
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:32:40 -0700

Brian Morrison posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:08:28 +0000:

> Odd, there might need to be some sort of include file defined though, so
> you might need the equivalent of pcre-devel installed.

Yes.  If you are compiling from source, you will often need the devel
packages installed.  I'd uninstall the source version of pcre you
installed (unless you are planning to start compiling most of your stuff
from source), go look up pcre on rpmfind or whatever, and install both the
newer pcre and pcre-devel from there.  If they don't conflict with what
you have, you may indeed need the old version, but they can be installed
side-by-side. If they do, then the new version should contain all the
interfaces the old one did and you should be able to uninstall the old one.

(Mandrake user here, tho I'm looking at Gentoo..)

Benjamin Franklin