pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: directory perms when saving files to directories

From: jef
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: directory perms when saving files to directories
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:18:41 -0500

Duncan wrote:

They are created with 640 permissions here, which is exactly what I'd
expect, given a umask settings of 0027.  I don't know why you are getting
the executable bit, which looks a bit strange, but if you haven't, check
your umask and see if setting that helps.

Your directories are saved with 640 perms? Or your files? The directory I expect to have executable bit set. I should have mentioned in my first post that I had checked umask -- all is well there. 0022.

I didn't explicitly state it (doh!), but files are created just fine - 644 - it's just the dirs that are not.

Either that or maybe it's the file system you are using..

Most of my filesystems are reiserfs, but I don't see that as being the issue. I have not come across this issue with any other apps. Creating dirs at the command line, or in other apps does not display this behavior.

I'm not quite sure what else Pan is looking at or doing to get the default directory perms.

Oh, I should also mention, that this is with 0.14.2. I am going to see if 0.14.2.91 behaves any differently.

thanks

jef