pan-users

[Pan-users] Building pan-0.14.2.91 on RedHat 7.3

From: securehell
Subject: [Pan-users] Building pan-0.14.2.91 on RedHat 7.3
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:10:45 -0800

O.K. I know it's an old version of RH.

Here's the deal, I downloaded the tar file, unzipped, cd'd into the build
directory and did a ./configure. I know that I'll need
libraries, so I just start by running the configure script.

The configure barfed at:
checking for PCRE >= 4.0... configure: error: prce version 3.9 is installed;
4.0 or higher is needed.

So I download the pcre-4.5.tar.gz file, configure and make install it.
It installs in /usr/local/lib (which is probably best since I don't really
know what pcre is exactly, something important might still rely on my
old version).

So back to pan... ./configure ... I get the same error obviously, since
my system still knows that the old version of pcre still exists in /usr/lib.

So, long story short... How do I force pan to build against my pcre version
4.5 in /usr/local/lib?

UR help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434