pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] suggestions for large groups

From: meaty
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] suggestions for large groups
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:18:20 -0500

jef wrote:

meaty wrote:

My swap space is 550 megs. My system ram is 512 megs. I have no problem loading the largest of binary groups even while loading 3 other groups simultaniously (Pan 0.14.0).

Define "largest" - are you talking over 1 million headers per group? I have system swap of 1GB, RAM is 512MB and 0.14.2 becomes useless when loading that many headers.

    jef

Easily over a million when unjoined. I just downloaded half a million articles in control.cancel in under ten seconds. I could never even download that many headers in Forte Agent for Windows 32 bits. What group (s) are you talking about? And what server do you use? If you don't want to reveal in public, email me in private.