pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Any thoughts on OSX / TDL?

From: Lloyd D Budd
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Any thoughts on OSX / TDL?
Date: 11 Sep 2002 05:56:36 -0700

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 15:41, Beartooth wrote:
>       What little I know of linux yet is RH 7.2 with Gnome,
> not YDL 2.2 with KDE -- and even connecting it to the
> Net by dial-up, let alone to my DSL feed, is going to
> be a massive chore. But I know I want Pan -- had to do
> without it all last week, house-hunting in the town we
> plan to move to, and missed it -- so here goes!
Ximian can help you there.  They have a package of Ximain Gnome
specifically for YDL, go to
http://www.ximian.com/download/

>       Can I hope to download a more current version any
> more successfully with YDL? Is Pan going to run on OSX
> at all? (I have 10.2, on CD, but 10.1 is what's
> installed & running; dunno when I might get around to
> upgrading.) Soon??
Check out 'fink.sf.net'.  I think you will like it -- the beauty of OS X
with the selection of open source software.

http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/pan
Max is one of the core Fink developers, so I am sure you will like what
you find.

Cheers,
Lloyd D Budd