pan-users

[Pan-users] Any thoughts on OSX / TDL?

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Any thoughts on OSX / TDL?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:41:17 -0400

My wife's retirement present came -- which means, in
the absence of anyone remotely technoid, I have to try
to start riding herd on it. It's an iBook from
Terrasoft, souped up and with Yellow Dog Linux
pre-installed.

        What little I know of linux yet is RH 7.2 with Gnome,
not YDL 2.2 with KDE -- and even connecting it to the
Net by dial-up, let alone to my DSL feed, is going to
be a massive chore. But I know I want Pan -- had to do
without it all last week, house-hunting in the town we
plan to move to, and missed it -- so here goes!

        Can I hope to download a more current version any
more successfully with YDL? Is Pan going to run on OSX
at all? (I have 10.2, on CD, but 10.1 is what's
installed & running; dunno when I might get around to
upgrading.) Soon??

        Strength to all your arms!

--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>,double retiree,
linux hatchling, ssh'd by DSL to pine 4.43 on ISP's SunOS 5.8;