otpasswd-talk

[Otpasswd-talk] Changes in code and documentation. ;-)

From: Tomasz bla Fortuna
Subject: [Otpasswd-talk] Changes in code and documentation. ;-)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:36:39 +0100

Hi,
  I did few invasive changes to the interface:
1) alphabet handling changes to support multiple alphabets (including
custom one defined in config)
2) As many defaults (including salting) is defined in config I had to
change -n option to -f salt or -f no-salt which must be used if
system-wide default is that to disable salt.
3) Because of this I started to correct documentation to match this
changes. Also I guess there're places which should accent that there
are defaults defaults (pristine config) and system defaults (set by
system administrator in configuration). I don't know how and if we want
to differentiate this. ;-)

That said - documentation looks terrific! It really is great.

4) Many policies were implemented; see config file for NI! entries.
Theoretically options which lack NI! description should work and can be
testcased.

5) Key removal added (as rm -f ~/.otpasswd will not always work) and
code a cleaned up.

6) State currently contains fields:
enum {
        FIELD_USER = 0,
        FIELD_VERSION,
        FIELD_KEY,
        FIELD_COUNTER,
        FIELD_LATEST_CARD,
        FIELD_FAILURES,
        FIELD_RECENT_FAILURES,
        FIELD_CHANNEL_TIME, // last time oob was used
        FIELD_CODE_LENGTH,
        FIELD_ALPHABET,
        FIELD_FLAGS,
        FIELD_SPASS,  // sum of static pass
        FIELD_LABEL,
        FIELD_CONTACT,
};

spass, channel_Time, failures, recent_failures are not fully
implemented but have you got any idea what should be added today so we
won't later break compatibility when changing it? Any ideas welcome.
After the next "stable version" I guess I should stop a bit with this
state changes.

--
Tomasz bla Fortuna
jid: bla(at)af.gliwice.pl