otpasswd-talk

Re: [Otpasswd-talk] Changes in code and documentation. ;-)

From: Luke Faraone
Subject: Re: [Otpasswd-talk] Changes in code and documentation. ;-)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:58:50 -0500

send to list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tomasz bla Fortuna <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 19:53
To: Luke Faraone <address@hidden>

Dnia Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:34:42 -0500
Luke Faraone <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 13:36, Tomasz bla Fortuna <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >  Because of this I started to correct documentation to match this
> > changes.
> >

> Hi,
>
> It looks like you've licensed the manpage and associated
> documentation under the GNU FDL. Just FYI, Debian only allows GFDL
> documentation if there are no "unmodifiable sections", such as
> front/back cover texts, or invariant sections. (see
> http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001 for more info)
>
> No changes need to be made at this time, but just a word of caution
> for the future. cc-by-sa-3.0 might be a better option.

It wasn't really me, but Hannes who included LICENSE.fdl. At first I
licensed README on GNU GPL, but that is for sure not best license for a
README and I still haven't give it a thought.

FDL is pretty complicated that's true. I wonder what will
savannah-"gurus" say for cc-by-sa-3.0 although it's completely ok with
me.

I just hope to keep this licensing as simple as possible and if
possible have option to switch to BSD later (currently only GMP really
ties us down a bit, but only a bit as it's LGPL). Can you sent your
notice to Hannes/otpasswd-talk? (Even forward my reply if it's
convenient for you?)

I hope to create some package with something like 0.5beta for tests
soon (I've tried today, but it already changed to tomorrow).

Cheers,
--
Tomasz bla Fortuna
jid: bla(at)af.gliwice.pl