Re: [Openexr-devel] Compile *only* static libs for OS X Uni?

From: Paul Schneider
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Compile *only* static libs for OS X Uni?
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:23:36 -0600

Hi Russ,

This seems to be working for me with a fresh download of the source from CVS:

%cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/openexr co IlmBase %cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/openexr co OpenEXR

%export CXXFLAGS='-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch ppc - arch i386 -arch ppc64 -arch x86_64' %export LDFLAGS='-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch ppc -arch i386 -arch ppc64 -arch x86_64'

%cd IlmBase
%./bootstrap
%./configure --disable-dependency-tracking
%make
%sudo make install

%cd ../OpenEXR
%./bootstrap
%./configure --disable-dependency-tracking
%make
%sudo make install

%file /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.a
/usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.a: Mach-O universal binary with 4 architectures
/usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.a (for architecture ppc):      current ar archive
/usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.a (for architecture i386):     current ar archive
/usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.a (for architecture ppc64):    current ar archive
/usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.a (for architecture x86_64):   current ar archive

%file /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.dylib: Mach-O universal binary with 4 architectures /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.dylib (for architecture ppc7400): Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.dylib (for architecture i386): Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386 /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.dylib (for architecture ppc64): Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library ppc64 /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.dylib (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64- bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64

This is all definitely harder than it needs to be; I'll see about submitting a patch that enables 4-way universal builds in a more user- friendly manner. In the meantime, please try the above and let me know if it's not working for you.

- Paul