[Openexr-devel] Compile *only* static libs for OS X Uni?

From: Russ
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Compile *only* static libs for OS X Uni?
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:05:34 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to create static libraries for OSX that are 4-way universal from
openexr-1.6.1. I've added the architectures to the config and changed from
10.4u to 10.5 SDKs and run it with the two osx options per README.OSX

The ilmbase compile & install seemed to go reasonably well. I have the 4-way
static libraries in /usr/local/lib --- libHalf.a etc. The dylibs are i386 only,
though.

Now I'm trying the same thing on openexr itself, but it seems intent on
building .lo and .la versions and using the dylibs --- but since the dylibs are
i386 only, the whole thing is rolling over and failing with spectacular numbers
of intermingled missing-architecture messages.

>From what I saw in ilmbase, I need the openexr make to be trying to create .o
>and .a versions, and using the 4-way universal .a versions in /usr/local/lib

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.