Re: Octave 5.2.0 release

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Octave 5.2.0 release
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 13:51:27 +0100

Am 15. Januar 2020 um 13:36 Uhr schrieb "Kai Torben Ohlhus":
> On 1/15/20 9:26 PM, "Markus Mützel" wrote:
> > Am 15. Januar 2020 um 12:36 Uhr schrieb "Kai Torben Ohlhus" <address@hidden>
> >> An: "Markus Mützel" <address@hidden>
> >>
> >> If I may stress your time a little more, I think I did not apply my
> >> patch correctly.  Just to be sure, I soon upload another installer
> >> version and I would be happy if you try the DPI setting again.
> >
> > No worries. In the "worst case scenario", it might take some time before I
> > can access the machine with that monitor again.
>

> Finally uploaded:  https://octave.space/

That was fast!

The machine in question has two monitors connected to it. One with HiDPI, the
other one with default DPI settings.
With the latest installer, the text is perfectly rendered on the HiDPI monitor.
But it is slightly blurry when I move the installer window to the monitor with
default DPI setting (see the attachments).
The text doesn't look as bad on screen as it does in the attached screenshot
though. (I wonder why that is.) So overall, I'd say that this is an improvement
on that system.

Could you please share your changes on bug #57600?
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57600

Markus