nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] _nss_mysql_getspnam_r conf file parsing failed

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] _nss_mysql_getspnam_r conf file parsing failed
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:44:33 -0500

Jamie,

Dans un message du 02 Mar à 13:36, Jamie McClelland écrivait :
> I'm probably doing something wrong and/or don't fully understand how
> this works - but here's what I've tried:
>
> 1. Combed over the nss-mysql-root.conf file and can't find anything
> that could be causing a parse error.
> 2. We are using the shadow feature - we have one nss mysql user with
> out access to the password column and a nss-shadow user with access
> (all set up according to the directions in the shadow file).
> 3. Nonetheless - I tried commenting out mysql on the shadow line of
> nsswitch.conf. After doing that I was still able to login and the
> error message continued showing up.
>
> So - maybe I need to reset something for the config change to take
> effect? Maybe I don't have shadow properly configured? Any suggestions
> would be appreciated.

To be really honest I am not sure that libc is polling nsswitch. So you
might have to restart the service which calls the auth function.

Do you have any ideas of which service triggers that message ? If so,
the easiest way is to compile nss-mysql in debug mode, restart the
service and look at the messages preceding the error. Worst case, you
can just reboot the box and grep for the error.

Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

                 People get the operating system they deserve.