nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] _nss_mysql_getspnam_r conf file parsing failed

From: Jamie McClelland
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] _nss_mysql_getspnam_r conf file parsing failed
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:36:56 -0500

Hi Guillaume - thanks for the response. It has (and still is) working great. It's just the log message that is puzzling me.

I'm probably doing something wrong and/or don't fully understand how this works - but here's what I've tried:

1. Combed over the nss-mysql-root.conf file and can't find anything that could be causing a parse error. 2. We are using the shadow feature - we have one nss mysql user with out access to the password column and a nss-shadow user with access (all set up according to the directions in the shadow file). 3. Nonetheless - I tried commenting out mysql on the shadow line of nsswitch.conf. After doing that I was still able to login and the error message continued showing up.

So - maybe I need to reset something for the config change to take effect? Maybe I don't have shadow properly configured? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jamie

Guillaume Morin wrote:

Hi Jamie,

Glad to know that everything works fine now :)