nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] _nss_mysql_getspnam_r conf file parsing failed

From: Jamie McClelland
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] _nss_mysql_getspnam_r conf file parsing failed
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:59:18 -0500

Hi all - I've been using nss-mysql without a problem for while now. I just noticed that I've been getting the message:

_nss_mysql_getspnam_r conf file parsing failed

in my /var/log/messages file for several weeks. I get it repeatedly (like every couple minutes).

Since it's been going on for a while, I'm not sure what I did that caused it to start. Everything works ok - but I'd like to track down what is causing this. Can anyone tell me which conf file it is referring to or provide any other ideas?

Attached is my nss-mysql.conf file with sensitive info x'ed out.

thanks!
Jamie

#
# This is an example configuration file for the nss-mysql library
# You CANNOT put 2 assignments on the same line.
#
# All assigments must have this form
# [users,groups].parameter = value;
#
# NOTE: [users,groups].parameter =; makes parameter empty (valid)
#
# All errors will be reported in your auth log
#
# All default values match sample.sql. Read it if you don't understand
# the role of a parameter.
#
# If you are still lost, write to address@hidden
#

#
# Configuration file upgrade instructions:
#
#    From an unumbered configuration file (without a conf.version line)
#    To conf.version = 2
#
#    - Replace ALL field names by fully qualified field names. For instance
#      if you have
#           users.uid_column = uid;
#      replace it with
#           users.uid_column = user.uid;
#      provided "user" is the table name.
#
#    - Add a
#      conf.version = 2;
#      line somewhere in this file so that the parser is aware that
#      you took care of the conversion.
#
#
# Configuration file version
#
conf.version = 2;

### DB Access

#  host: database host
#  Accepted forms:
#  1) inet:host:port or unix:socket (recommended)
#  2) inet:host (port will be 3306)
#  3) host:port (inet socket will be used)
#  4) host (inet socket on port 3306 will be used)
users.host = inet:mysql.mediajumpstart.net:3306;

# database: database name
# This database MUST contain all the columns mentionned in this file
users.database = mj_host;

# db_user: database user
# it must have the right to select all columns mentionned in this file
users.db_user = xxxxx;

# db_password: password of db_user
# Can be empty
users.db_password = xxxxxx;

# backup host
# A backup MySQL server
# Can be empty
users.backup_host = xxxxx;

# The following parameters work just like
# the main server's. They can be empty.
# If some are and secondary_host is not,
# the corresponding value for the main
# server will be used

users.backup_database =;
# users.backup_db_user = nss;
# users.backup_db_password = mAip2sFxXJcw;

### USERS
### This is the user configuration part

# table: table containing all the following users.fields
users.table = users;

# where_clause: a clause that user must respect to be considered valid.
# It is useful to enable only some users of your database.
# All fields must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
# Can be empty
#users.where_clause = users.status = 'A';
users.where_clause = users.shell <> '/sbin/nologin';

# user_column: column containing the UNIX usernames
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
users.user_column = users.id;

# password_column: column containing the users' passwords
# This is only used if you have disabled shadow support
# (not recommended)
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
users.password_column =;

# userid_column: should be the PRIMARY KEY of the table
# This information is used as a FOREIGN KEY in groups.members_table
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
users.userid_column = users.user_id;

# uid_column: column containing the users' UNIX uid
# If you don't have such a column, you can use something like
# users.uid_column = user_id + 2000;
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
users.uid_column = users.uid;

# gid_column: column containing the GID of users' default group
# If you don't have such a column, you can use something like
# users.gid_column = 100;
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
users.gid_column = users.gid;

# realname_column: column containing the users' realname
# If you don't have such a column, you can use something like
# user.realname_column = "";
# or
# users.realname_column = "luser"; # :-)
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
users.realname_column = users.name;

# homedir_column: column containing the users'homedir
# If you don't have such a column, you can use something like
# user.homedir_column = concat('/home/',user_name);
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
users.homedir_column = users.homedir;

# shell_column: column containing the users'shell
# If you don't have such a column, you can use something like
# user.shell_column = "/bin/sh";
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
users.shell_column = users.shell;

# This is the groups configuration part
# This is only used if you have enabled the group support

# group_info_table: table containing group_name_column,groupid_column
# and gid_column
groups.group_info_table = groups;

# where_clause: a clause that a group must respect to be considered valid.
# It is useful to enable only some groups of your database.
# Can be empty
# All fields must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
groups.where_clause = groups.status = 'A';

# group_name_column: column containing the UNIX group names
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
groups.group_name_column = groups.group_name;

# groupid_column: should be the PRIMARY KEY of the table
# This information is used as a FOREIGN KEY in groups.members_table
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
groups.groupid_column = groups.group_id;

# gid_column: column containing the UNIX GID of the groups
# If you upgrade from 0.22 and older, you can keep the old behavior using
# something like the following: (2000 would be your old first_gid)
# groups.gid_column = 2000+group_id
# This is useful too if you do not have a GID column in your database
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
groups.gid_column = groups.gid;

# password_column: column containing the UNIX password of the groups
#
# The name of this column MUST BE different from ANY columns defined
# in user.table and groups.members_table
#
# If you don't have such a column, you should use something like
# groups.password_column = "x";
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
groups.password_column = groups.group_password;

# members_table: table containing member_{userid,groupid}_column.
# This reproduce /etc/group role by using SQL JOIN.
# See sample.sql if you don't understand what I(it) mean(s)
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
groups.members_table = user_group;

# member_{userid,groupid}_column
# FOREIGN KEYS of users.user_id and groups.group_id
# for each row, user represented by its user_id a member
# of the group represented by its group_id
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
groups.member_userid_column = user_group.user_id;
# The field name must be fully qualified, i.e. written as table.field
groups.member_groupid_column = user_group.group_id;