Re: Unsupported nroff macros on MacOS X

From: Steven Winikoff
Subject: Re: Unsupported nroff macros on MacOS X
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 16:18:21 -0400

>In a more practical sense, I am not sure there is anyone with the free
>cycles to convert the current man pages into some other markup language.

This seems like the sort of thing that should be possible to automate, and
that question has been raised before.  A quick search turned up the
following, among others:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13433903/convert-all-linux-man-pages-to-text-html-or-markdown
   https://jeromebelleman.gitlab.io/posts/publishing/manpages/

     - Steven
Steven Winikoff      | "Science is built upon facts, as a house is
Montreal, QC, Canada |  built of stones; but an accumulation of
smw@smwonline.ca     |  facts is no more a science than a heap of
http://smwonline.ca  |  stones is a house."