Re: mhl nocomponent

From: Robert Elz
Subject: Re: mhl nocomponent
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 07:26:40 +0700

    Date:        Sun, 02 Apr 2023 11:44:23 -0700
    From:        Jon Steinhart <jon@fourwinds.com>

  | It does seem like the size of the headers exceeds the size of the body
  | in a lot of cases :-)

Like in this message from you ... even though you quoted Ken's message in
its entirety.  Likely to be the same in this message from me, and in most
other e-mail that doesn't contain attachments, or HTML noise.

ls -l B H; wc -l B H
-rw-r--r--  1 kre  wheel  1031 Apr  3 07:19 B
-rw-r--r--  1 kre  wheel  3484 Apr  3 07:19 H
      27 B
      67 H

B is the body, H the header (I omitted the separator newline char,
and also the total line from wc (you can add 27+67 yourself, then add
one more for that separator between header and body).

But it would be good if at least in this community, we could get the
terminology correct, e-mail messages have a header (just one) and
usually have a body (also just one, but this one is optional).  The
header contains fields (From To (etc) and all of the junk).

kre