Re: automatic decode mime in repl

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: automatic decode mime in repl
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 13:09:20 +0000

Thank you for submitting your patch, Philipp.  I have these
reservations with it:

1. For all users, it can add newlines in text that cause, for example,
   URLs to break.

2. For existing users, it may require changes to their existing nmh
   environments.

3. It does not add new functionality to nmh.  Its functionality is a
   proper subset of a pre-existing feature.

4. Given 3, if implemented within nmh, an alternative could be to
   internally simply wrap a suitable use of the pre-existing feature.
   From the user point of view, the result would be the same.

I have additional though lesser concerns, such as the name of the
switch and the support effort required, mostly related to 1. and 2.
above.