Re: crufty mhn.default.sh stuff

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: crufty mhn.default.sh stuff
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 09:35:01 -0800

I wrote:

> Ralph wrote:
>
> > Can a user's profile ‘delete’ a /etc/nmh/mhn.defaults entry as if it
> > never existed without defining something in its place?  So that the code
> > runs as if the entry didn't exist in either of them?
>
> Good question.  I don't see a way to do that.

There is a way.  etcpath() looks for mhn.defaults in this order:
 * 3) Next, check in nmh Mail directory.
 * 4) Next, check in nmh `etc' directory.

So if the user puts an mhn.defaults in their Mail directory, then only
it will be read.  They'd have to copy any entries that they do want
from /etc/nmh/mhn.defaults to their own.