Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 13:21:32 -0400

>I'd say that we should broaden our idea of 'centrally managed' to include
>binary packages available through an OS distribution's package management
>system.  Perhaps that will change the way that some configuration choices
>are made (ie., run-time vs compile time).

I believe we are available via the package systems on a number of modern
Linux variants.  We used to be available via MacPorts, but their stuff
is so broken that I gave up and decided to switch to homebrew; I am
pretty sure I will make a 1.7 release via them.  If there are other
package systems people think would be a good idea, please let us know
and we can see if we can get in them.

AFAIK, everything we do should be configurable at run-time (this was
part of the motivation).  I don't think other than some third-party
library support we have much left that is configured at compile time.