Re: [Nmh-workers] Relative Message Numbers

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Relative Message Numbers
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 11:44:51 -0400

jerrad wrote:
 > >  $ scan unseen
 > >  ...notice that third-from-end message is spam...
 > >    $ refile unseen_3 +spam
 >
 > Seems delightfully error-prone and inefficient.
 > Scan includes message numbers, rmm the specific
 > message and there's no need to count lines of output.

even after over 30 years of typing, i find it much easier to to
touch-type long strings of alpha than even shortish strings of digits.
my inbox has been into 4 digits for a long time, and mairix gives 6
digit message numbers.  believe me, "p last_4" is much less error
prone than "p 365530".

 > vpick might also be useful here?
 > http://www.pthbb.org/manual/software/MH/vpick.html

no.  that's a different tool entirely.