Re: [Nmh-workers] amusing bug in "folder"

From: Mike O'Dell
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] amusing bug in "folder"
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:31:01 -0500

I found out about the free, invisible "/" when writing a shell
Script that was going to archive a bunch of stuff. Luckily I test
Such thing very very carefully and I found it veering off into
Hyperspace before I  uncommented the line that did the archiving.
I would have been very cross indeed if it had started vacuuming up
Entire other filesystems that it visited.

I'd go so far as claim that any behavior which leads MH out of your
MH or $HOME trees without direct, positive indication of intent
Is just wrongheaded behavior.

     -mo

Sent from my iPad