nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Github mirror

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Github mirror
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 19:28:06 +0200

Hello Mario,

Op 07-04-19 om 11:25 schreef Mario Blättermann:
> some time ago I read here something about a Github mirror (can't find the
> original mail anymore, sorry). Indeed, it would be nice to have one.
>
> Actually it is quite simple to setup such a mirror, there are instructions at
> the Github help pages [1]. But this must be done by somebody who has write
> access to the original repo. Otherwise, real mirroring in a two-way manner
> wouldn't work.

I have no interest in doing anything with Github.  It is not free software.
And their conditions of use are unacceptable to me.

> Some years ago I had already taken an attempt to make the man pages
> translatable, and now I like to continue on this. Because the diff will become
> quite large, maybe it would be easier to handle via a merge request.

I've tried looking at the branch you made, but Github won't let me see
anything.  Possibly it requires Javascript to be on, or I need to have
an account, I don't know.  Anyhow, if you have any patch set you want
to see included in nano, send it to this mailing list.

Benno