nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Github mirror

From: Mario Blättermann
Subject: [Nano-devel] Github mirror
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 11:25:00 +0200

Hello,

some time ago I read here something about a Github mirror (can't find the
original mail anymore, sorry). Indeed, it would be nice to have one.

Actually it is quite simple to setup such a mirror, there are instructions at
the Github help pages [1]. But this must be done by somebody who has write
access to the original repo. Otherwise, real mirroring in a two-way manner
wouldn't work. I've already forked my own Github repo [2], but I'm
afraid I won't be able to send a merge request back to Savannah.

Some years ago I had already taken an attempt to make the man pages
translatable, and now I like to continue on this. Because the diff will become
quite large, maybe it would be easier to handle via a merge request.

[1] https://help.github.com/en/articles/about-github-mirrors
[2] https://github.com/mariobl/nano

Best Regards,
Mario