nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] a problem with tabs after the overhaul

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] a problem with tabs after the overhaul
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 17:27:10 +0100

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017, at 17:14, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> To reproduce, run:
>
>     stty cols 75 && src/nano --ignore --soft --nowrap --smart +233
> doc/faq.html
>
> Now type tabs until the cursor has moved well into the next row.
> Then type <Home>.  The cursor goes home to the beginning of the
> entire line, as expected.

Second problem.  After the above, set the mark (M-A), then press
and hold <Ctrl+Right>.  See how nothing in the second chunk gets
highlighted.  A fix is probably something like this fragment:

            /* Compute on which screen column to start painting. */
            start_col = strnlenpt(fileptr->data, top_x) - from_col;

+           if (start_col < 0)
+               start_col = 0;
+

from my "shrink the screen by one column" patch posted on
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49440.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own