myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: Taverna and myExperiment slogans for ISMB

From: Paolo Missier
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: Taverna and myExperiment slogans for ISMB Poster
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:14:52 +0100

Hi Andrea,
Why is it called Taverna, anyway?
good question, but I believe your attempt at an explanation is as
fascinating as it is imaginative, which of course may just be the point :-)
I seem to remember that it has to do, as it often does, with the
physical place where the idea first began to mature. More troubling,
IMO, is the name "Scufl" given to the language (read "Scuffle", which
supposedly is what often happens, er, in Tavernas)... or at least this
is the very serious explanation I received long ago from Mark Greenwood,
one of the early designers.

regards, -Paolo

Dr. Paolo Missier
Information Management Group -  School of Computer Science, University of
Manchester, UK
address@hidden  http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~pmissier
HAPPLE (vb.) -  To annoy people by finishing their sentences for them and then
telling them what they really meant to say.
(from The Meaning of Liff, Douglas Adams and John Lloyd)