myexperiment-discuss

RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] Workflow fact sheet for OAI

From: Antoon Goderis
Subject: RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] Workflow fact sheet for OAI
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:08:26 +0100

Hi,

> We need to be extremely careful about what we do include as mandatory
> (while we may be able to derive some of this from Taverna workflows,
> would that necessarily be the case for other workflow systems?)

I couldn't think of counter examples from the systems I do know

> I'm not sure what is meant by the last two points on the
> mandatory list.
>
> ((If the "constituting services" was a check that the workflow could
> execute at time of upload then I don't believe this really
> has any value
> long term - but if this is meant a way of registering a workflow
> execution status - as in "example", "abstract", "requires local
> beanshell script," etc., then there is a case  for an desirable
> categorisation))

I/O: each wf has at least some textual description of it I/O

I agree about making a categorization such as sketch/template/finished
design (template with bound services)/enacted workflow with results. We do
need a simple mechanism for wf QoS determination for finished designs,
though. Perhaps it's up to the myExp server to make the quality checks
periodically over the repository and add the info. I want the option to be
returned only working workflows when I do a distributed search.

Antoon