myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Workflow fact sheet for OAI

From: June Finch
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Workflow fact sheet for OAI
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:49:22 +0100

We need to be extremely careful about what we do include as mandatory (while we may be able to derive some of this from Taverna workflows, would that necessarily be the case for other workflow systems?)

I'm not sure what is meant by the last two points on the mandatory list. ((If the "constituting services" was a check that the workflow could execute at time of upload then I don't believe this really has any value long term - but if this is meant a way of registering a workflow execution status - as in "example", "abstract", "requires local beanshell script," etc., then there is a case for an desirable categorisation))

June.

Jeremy wrote:
It would be good to cross-check these OAI entries for a workflow with those we have refined for the e-Bank data entries - for example the issues of granularity of the description, citations of the entries, etc. The source address is an interesting issue and relates to how the "effective workflow repository" is to be constructed - is this an institutional repository or a P2P sharing from researchers desktops, or a national repository? Jeremy