myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Workflow fact sheet for OAI

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Workflow fact sheet for OAI
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:34:03 +0100

Hi,

How about a rating for ease of use or how easy it would be to modify the workflow, based on say a scale of 1 star being easy and 5 stars being very hard. It may give some less experienced users the option to pick a less complex workflow or build their own using workflow fragments they know how to use.

   - ease of modification
   - ease of use

Just an idea. Maybe some contact details would be beneficial also (could be pulled directly from the users myExperiment profile if that is still going ahead).

cheers,
Paul

Antoon Goderis wrote:
Following a discussion with Alan, here's a list of things to include
(require) for any OAI workflow entry. These would be the minimum amount of
information needed about a workflow we can derive from any workflow
definition; if the info is not included, users should be prompted for it.

- name
- author
- creation date
- textual description
- workflow language
- inputs/outputs (signature)
- constituting services working on upload, yes/no (necessary but not
sufficient condition for working workflow)

Here are some entries we weren't sure whether they should be made mandatory
for OAI entries

- descriptions of constituting services
- source of upload (IP address)
- repeatability of worklfow (yielding same results)
- tags
- ontology concepts