muddleftpd-users

Re: Fwd: Re: [Muddleftpd-users] about auth modules, etc

From: Joerg Jaspert
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Muddleftpd-users] about auth modules, etc
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:21:57 +0200

Beau Kuiper <address@hidden> writes:

> You can use multiple groups for that (one authentication module per
> group).

Oh, ok.
Im only using pam today. :)

> I don't think I will implement multiple authmodules per group, because:
> 1) Each group needs to provide credentials for accessing the filesystem below
> it. Different authentication modules provide different credentials (some,
> all, none) and it would be difficult to resolve it.

Hmm. Just list multiple authmethods in one group. And then try one
after another until either one fails or one gets you the data.

> 2) You can do what you want already with multiple groups.

Good reason, with only one objection: Clutters up configfile. :)

Hey, that leads me to: include files. Not only include [SECTIONNAME],
an include FILENAME could be nice to have :)
Todo item (eg. open a task for it)? :)

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!