muddleftpd-users

Re: [Muddleftpd-users] about auth modules, etc

From: Joerg Jaspert
Subject: Re: [Muddleftpd-users] about auth modules, etc
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:27:55 +0200

Oskar Liljeblad <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway, I checked out the latest CVS sources and looked at it.
> I'm interested in the new module-based framework with modules
> for auth and logging, etc. (Why not also modules for custom
> filesystem/directory managers, and ftp extension commands?)

There is much work todo to get all parts of muddleftpd modularized.
But see the task list, there are some tasks, one is Module support.
Suggestions for Tasks always welcome.

> Apparently the auth modules stuff was added very recently, so
> maybe much of it is in active development and about to change.

It is added, but not fully functional yet. It doesnt install the auth
modules today, for example.
(Thats why the state of this Task is at 80%, not 100. Hmm, well, i set
that to 80%, Beau needs to use the Task module more :) )

> From what I can see each module was designed to replace
> eachother, so that at max one module can be loaded at a time.
> Maybe I'm wrong. But if this is the case, would it not be
> smarter to have each module export one symbol, a structure
> or something that would contain the modules all exported
> functions?

Go on and send patches. :)

> I'm interested in contributing to this code so I would like to
> know if there are any plans or anyone working on this
> already.

Talk to Beau, its his source.

> Btw, some (long) time ago I wrote a patch that would make
> symbolic links look like regular files/directories to
> users. (I couldn't live without this option.) It was implemented
> as an additional access mode. Is there any interest in such
> a feature? I could fresh up the patch for the CVS version of
> muddleftpd.

If it applies cleanly I apply it in a branch so we can
test it before it gets into MAIN.

(That is the way development now works for Muddleftpd. MAIN only gets
code reviewed and accepted by Beau. Every Developer can create branches
and play around there doing everything he wants, even breaking
muddleftpd. :) )

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!