muddleftpd-users

[Muddleftpd-users] about auth modules, etc

From: Oskar Liljeblad
Subject: [Muddleftpd-users] about auth modules, etc
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:58:23 +0200

Hi!

I was very happy to see that development of muddleftpd had
resumed. I signed up for a Savannah account today, hopefully
being able to contribute code to muddleftpd in the future. :)

Anyway, I checked out the latest CVS sources and looked at it.
I'm interested in the new module-based framework with modules
for auth and logging, etc. (Why not also modules for custom
filesystem/directory managers, and ftp extension commands?)

Apparently the auth modules stuff was added very recently, so
maybe much of it is in active development and about to change.
>From what I can see each module was designed to replace
eachother, so that at max one module can be loaded at a time.
Maybe I'm wrong. But if this is the case, would it not be
smarter to have each module export one symbol, a structure
or something that would contain the modules all exported
functions?

I'm interested in contributing to this code so I would like to
know if there are any plans or anyone working on this
already.

Btw, some (long) time ago I wrote a patch that would make
symbolic links look like regular files/directories to
users. (I couldn't live without this option.) It was implemented
as an additional access mode. Is there any interest in such
a feature? I could fresh up the patch for the CVS version of
muddleftpd.

Regards,

Oskar Liljeblad (address@hidden)