Re: Is monotone dead, or is there a path forward?

From: Jens Finkhaeuser
Subject: Re: Is monotone dead, or is there a path forward?
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:13:54 +0200

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 04:41:57PM -0700, Stephen Leake wrote:
> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com> writes:

> >> Just for reference, I gave up on monotone, and exported to git.
> >
> > I stopped liking git when I learned about its limitations on merging and
> > the need for rebasing.
> >
> > Of course I never really liked git in the first place.
> >
> > monotone got merging branches right.
>
> I heartily agree, but I have to use some cm tool, and maintaining enough
> of monotone to keep it working was more than I could handle.

  I'm still pissed at Linus for essentially cloning monotone in a
shitty way. Git has come a long way since then, but I still miss mtn.
But I also have to work with others, and so the choice is made for me
for the most part.

  Not an important comment, perhaps, but it's nice to see some
activity on this list, and I felt the sentiment needed to be
expressed.

Jens

--
1.21 Jiggabytes of memory ought to be enough for anybody.