Is monotone dead, or is there a path forward?

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Is monotone dead, or is there a path forward?
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 17:51:38 +0200

>Is anything being done about this?
>Is the current botan so incompatible that it's hopeless to adapt?
>
>Or is monotone development and maintenance truly dead and I need to
>abandon ship and take what data I ca with me?

1. You can easily check out a branch that actually works with botan2.
I package it for Nixpkgs and it seems to work just fine. Unfortunately
from bootstrapping point of view, you need some monotone to check out
botan2-compatible monotone (for packaging I exported the branch to
GitHub)

2. I would also appreciate an official release including these changes.