[Monotone-devel] New command: db kill_rev_locall <revid>

From: Sebastian Spaeth
Subject: [Monotone-devel] New command: db kill_rev_locall <revid>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:46:12 +0200

Hi all,
I implemented a new monotone command:

 monotone db kill_rev_locally <revid>

If you, like I, sometimes commit a change which you would like to take
back, there was no way to clean the db up, other than pulling a fresh
one. Alternatively, you'd have to disapprove your change, generating a
lot of commit log noise upstream.

revid is expanded if necessary and fails if it has children already (we
don't kill parents :-)). It will simply be deleted from the local
database, so you can keep working with the same database.
If you already had sync'ed before running this you are lost: the rev
will come back from your peers.

spaetz
P.S. don't complain about the name kill_rev_locally, njs said I should
make it as ugly and inconvenient as possible :)