[Monotone-devel] db kill_rev_local, how to handle manifests?

From: Sebastian Spaeth
Subject: [Monotone-devel] db kill_rev_local, how to handle manifests?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:03:20 +0200

autotests for "db kill_rev_local <revid> " are in the repository

njs,after locally killing a revision, the manifest will of course not be
valid anymore. Right now we kill: revisions, revision_certs, and
revision_ancestry.
Are there more entries which we need to delete? And should we also kill
the original manifest? Is that a very bad thing? I don't know enough
about monotone internals to see how we should handle that properly.

After a successful local kill this leads "db check" to say:
monotone: manifest d4a678593f8d3011b76302b7dadbd7adeda188cc unreferenced
monotone: warning: 1 unreferenced manifests
monotone: check complete: 2 files; 2 manifests; 1 revisions; 1 keys; 4 certs
monotone: total problems detected: 1 (0 serious)